Jodhpur is a royal city in Rajathan. This blue city will mesmerise you with an iconic destination Megrangarh Fort. The interiors of Jodhpur will transfer you back to the olden era. The pavements of this city showcase the essence of Rajasthan in all its glory.
Featuring an exciting mix of culture, history, and nature, this comprehensive tour offers a unique overview of India's largest state, Rajasthan.
Today arrive to the Blue City – Jodhpur and transfer to your hotel.
An oasis in the arid Thar Desert, Jodhpur is the second largest city in the state of Rajasthan. Representing this colourful city with shades of blue, Jodhpur has a history that is rich and a present that beckons strongly to the discerning tourist. Forts and palaces, temples and havelis, culture and tradition, spices and fabrics, colour and texture, Jodhpur has them all and in plenty. Situated in Western Rajasthan, Jodhpur has long attracted both the domestic and outside tourist. It not only offers tangibles, in terms of what you can see and buy but also fills one with a sense of history and the splendours of an era gone by. The hospitality of the locals, the demure women, and the colourful turbans -all set against the beloved desert (Marwar) is something to feel, not just see. Every pore of Jodhpur tells its own tales of heroic deeds that made legends out of kings and soldiers, romances that continue to warm the heart and a time when epics were lived out on the streets by everyday man.
Later proceed for city tour of Jodhpur visit the Meherangarh Fort, situated on a low sand-stone hill. The palace apartments like Sukh Mahal, Phool Mahal, and Sheesh Mahal etc are beautifully decorated and house Jewellery, costumes, armoury, palanquins, howdahs and other remnants of the past. See the Jaswant Thada, an imposing marble memorial to Maharaja Jaswant Singh II built in 1899. Later the royal crematorium and three other cenotaphs were also built here.
Overnight at Hotel
After breakfast drive to Jaisalmer; Arrive Jaisalmer and transfer to your hotel. Jaisalmer - a fairy-tale town in the Thar Desert founded about 800 years ago by Rawal Jaisal. Unlike any other city, this desert fortress is one of Rajasthan's most exotic and unusual towns. Jaisalmer, an important ancient trading centre because of its strategic location on the camel trade routes, is often described as the 'golden city'. The havelis, built by merchants of the 19th century, are exquisitely carved from golden-yellow sandstone and are still in a beautiful condition. The fort built by Rawal Jaisal in the 12th century, stands on the 80-meter-high Trikuta hill, with beautifully carved Jain temples. The annual desert festival takes place in January and February each year and is a riot of colour and activity. Jaisalmer is also famous for its embroidery, Rajasthani mirror work, rugs, and blankets, antique, silver jewellery, and stonework and camel safaris.
Overnight at Hotel
After breakfast leave for the city tour of Jaisalmer. Visit the Gadsisar Lake a water conservation tank made around 1400 A.D. by the then maharaja of Jaisalmer, Maharwal Gadsi Singh. This structure just outside the city walls once acted as a reservoir that controlled the entire supply of water to the arid city. Thera are whole varieties of temples and shrines surrounding the lake.
Visit the famous Havelis (mansions) known for their frescoes. Jaisalmer's strategic position on the camel terrain route bought it great wealth. The merchants grew prosperous and commissioned great havelis, or mansions, to flaunt their ever-growing status in society. Made of local golden-yellow sand stone and wood, some of the havelis are still in excellent condition. The most elaborate and magnificent of all the Jaisalmer havelis is the Patwaon Ki Haveli. Five Jain brothers built the Haveli between 1800 and 1860. Salim Singh Ki Haveli and Nathmal Ki Haveli are the other two havelis that are opened to visitors.
Built in 1156 by the Bhatti ruler, Jaisal, THE FORT here stands atop the 80 m high Trikuta hill. Three walls and 99 bastions surround the fort. Over the centuries, the golden sand stone fortress witnessed many battles between the Bhatti Rajput’s, the Mughals and the Rathore’s of Jodhpur. Within the fort complex lie the beautifully carved Jain Temples built between the 12th and 15th centuries. The Maharawals (rulers) of Jaisalmer were devout Hindus but were tolerant of Jainism, and encouraged art and religion. There are 7 temples in the complex - Chandraprabhu, Parasnath, Shitalnath, Sambhavnath, Shantinath, Kunthunath and Rikhabdev Temple. The temples are all connected by a series of corridors and walkways. Close by is the Gyan Bhandar, a library founded in 1500 A.D. This house is priceless ancient manuscripts and other exhibits like astrological charts, besides the Jain equivalent of the Christian Shroud of Turin.
In the evening, proceed for the excursion to Sam Sand dunes. Located at a distance of 42 kilometers from Jaisalmer, Sam Sand Dunes is the closest point to witness the total sandy desert. You can also see the patterns and motifs created by the shifting sands and air. Moreover, Sam Sand Dunes also provide you with an unforgettable experience of camel rides and a beautiful mesmerising sunset.
Overnight at Hotel
After the breakfast you will drive to Bikaner; Arrive Bikaner & transfer to your hotel.
This desert town in northern Rajasthan was founded in 1488 by Rao Bikaji. Like many others in Rajasthan, the old city is surrounded by a high crenellated wall. The old city with its exquisite merchant havelis, temples and bazaars retains a medieval air.
Later proceed for half day city tour of Bikaner visiting Junagarh Fort, one of the most interesting forts in Rajasthan, with its sumptuously decorated interiors. Built in 1588 by Raja Rai Singh it is unusual in the sense that it was one of the few major forts of Rajasthan that was not built on a hilltop. Instead, it was built on the desert plains; its rugged sandstone bastions and graceful pavilions and balconies are silhouetted against the sky.
Overnight at Hotel
After breakfast drive to Jodhpur; Arrive Jodhpur and in time transfer to Jodhpur Airport / Railway Station to board your flight / train for onward journey to your next destination.
• 04 Nights accommodation basis at the hotel mentioned above or similar category of alternate hotels.
• Meal Plan – Daily buffet breakfast at all the hotels.
• Representative for assistance on arrival and departure transfers.
• All currently applicable taxes including service tax.
• All transfers, city tours and transport services by air conditioned All India Tourist permit vehicle as per the above itinerary.
• Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges, interstate taxes.
• MONUMENTS Entrance Fee.
• Services of English Speaking Local Guide.
• Camel Ride on Sand Dunes in Jaisalmer.
• Jeep Safari in Jodhpur.
• Anything which is not mentioned under “INCLUDES” header.
• Optional Tours which is not mentioned in the itinerary.
• Expense of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc.Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
• International or Domestic airfare / Train Fare
• Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as road blocks, accidents & any medical evacuations. Any train delays, or re-scheduling etc. Any Visa fees, insurance fees, etc. Any tips to hotel staff, local guides, drivers etc. Any meals apart from the ones mentioned above. Any expenses apart from the ones above.
• Check-In time is 1400 hrs & Check-out time 1200 NOON at all hotels.
• KINDLY NOTE FOR THE SAFETY & SECURITY OF OUR GUESTS, WE DON’T ALLOW DRIVING AT NIGHT, HENCE REQUEST GUESTS TO LEAVE IN TIME SO THEY CAN REACH NEXT DESTINATION BEFORE 2000 HRS.
• In case of any amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly.
• Above rates are Nett non commissionable.
• Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates are based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not being available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.